Stomach Stapling :
With stomach stapling the doctor creates a small pouch in your stomach that can hold only an ounce of food. This method restricts eating and thus results in immediate weight loss.
- It is a very risky procedure and may cause stomach infections.
- This surgery is for people who are highly obese and severely overweight.
- As the chances for success are medium and it is also highly dangerous, it is better to try other less invasive methods
Liposuction is a procedure in which a narrow tube is inserted through tiny incisions. This tube is then pulled up and down to destroy a layer of fat. The tube then sucks up the loosened fat, and this procedure starts elsewhere.
- Along with fat you lose water, which can dehydrate your body.
- The procedure is extremely bruising and it takes 3-4 weeks for you to recover.
- Liposuction is a serious surgery and should be done by a reputed surgeon.
Insulin Abuse :
A well-known method to lose weight with diabetics is to inject themselves with less insulin. They have enough insulin to keep them alive, but the insulin level is not enough to balance their blood sugar. Their bodies cannot digest carbohydrates and their energy is derived from the stored fat.
- With this method you lose weight fast, but it is very dangerous.
- Insulin abuse affects your kidneys and liver, and it also reduces your lifespan.
- This is not a good idea because your body needs the full amount of insulin to keep you healthy.
- Even though the chances of success are high with this method, it is also highly dangerous.
Weight Loss Pills :
If you want to lose weight with weight loss pills, then get one prescribed by a doctor. Over the counter pills are mixes of herbs and stimulants that which can easily create an addiction.
- This may cause problems like high blood pressure, chest pains, dry mouth and palpitations.
Starving is the next extreme method used to lose weight and it is also a popular method to lose weight. However, this method is a great failure as within a few hours of starving yourself, you will experience cravings that will become stronger with time. Water can curb this craving to a certain extent, but the cravings turn into pain and you may eventually collapse.
- Starving can cause dizziness, nausea and headaches, and it may also damage your internal organs.
- Cutting out carbohydrates and eating a diet of vegetables and water will also fail as your body needs food from all food groups.
- A moderate diet with all food groups is the right choice.
Bulimia is an eating disorder, where a person eats heavily and then follows it with self-induced vomiting.
- This is also highly dangerous as frequent vomiting causes dehydration, oral trauma, gastric reflux, hypokalemia, peptic ulcers and inflammation of the esophagus.
- This may also lead to heart attacks and turn out to be fatal.
Extreme methods used to lose weight are not healthy and sensible; consider losing weight sensibly and healthily by following a diet and exercise regimen, so that the results are long term. It is not worth it to risk your life to lose weight with these extreme methods.